138 Spring Street 2F
New York, New York 10012
Thank you so much for rushing us the glass samples for our presentation. You have no idea how much we appreciate your help, especially on such short notice. We’re continually impressed with the quality of products and the level of service we get from Galaxy!
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Vice President for Construction
Please feel free to use this letter as a reference for perspective clients.
As you may recall The Metropolitan Museum of Art first became associated with Galaxy Glass and Stone indirectly when you were brought on board in 1996 as a subcontractor of Schott Glass for the Chinese Galleries. The edging of the glass in the casework for this project was accomplished to the highest degree of precision of any construction work at the Museum I have observed. My appreciation of the quality of your work led me to seek a closer association with Galaxy Glass & Stone and I have found that you are willing to undertake large or small jobs with the same attention to detail.
Since 1996, Galaxy Glass and Stone has been awarded and performed numerous projects for the Museum:
- Substantial retro glazing projects including the manufacture, design and installation of Custom Steel and Glass Cases for the Egyptian Galleries.
- Removal of existing glazing and installation of new tinted laminated insulated Security glazing units on the 4th and 5th floors of the newly built executive offices, including custom tinted laminated glazing for the office of our Director of the Museum, Phillips de Montebello.
- As for windows and doors, Galaxy has installed Custom Insulated Units in the Greek and Roman Galleries, as well as providing Custom Manufactured Ultraclear Laminated glass panels for Glasbau Hahn Casework in the Greek and Roman Galleries.
- Provided the Custom Casework to match existing for The Watson Library Renovation including the Circulation Desk, Bookcases, Pass through Window Partitions and Glazing in its entirety.
- Furnished and installed a new monumental window system for the Curators’ office in the Department of Asian Art
- Galaxy has furnished and installed new windows in the European Arts Department.
- Furnished and installed a Jumbo (6’0″ X 10’0″) Signage Display panel of Double Sided Silkglas(TM) 500 for the Glass of the Sultan’s Exhibition
- Manufactured, Designed, and Installed Custom Stainless Steel and Ultraclear Laminated Glass Display Cases and Custom Built-in Arched Laminated Security Glazing and Metal Cases to conform to the asymmetrically shaped existing brick arches under the Great Stairs at The Byzantine Galleries.
- Manufactured, Designed and Installed Custom Manufactured Painted Steel Display Cases plus miscellaneous glass and metal cases for the Jewels of Mughal Exhibition. These cases were glazed with a glass clad polycarbonate laminate meeting stringent security requirements.
- Manufactured and installed interior windows with ultraviolet protection for the Conservation Department at The Cloisters. These windows were asymmetrical circular top shapes of custom bent and painted aluminum and glazed with UV Protected Laminated Insulated Glazing.
- Galaxy is presently working with the MMA to provide a Custom Triple Ply Laminated Glass and Stainless Steel Laylight System for the Cloister of St. Guilhem at The Cloisters. Included in your Scope of Work is coordination of the placement of Structural Steel Beams required for this project.
- Galaxy is presently working with MMA in providing Custom Glass and Metal Display Cases, Luminous Glass Ceiling and Associated Structural Steel for the Tomb of Perneb & Raemkai projects in the Egyptian Galleries.
As indicated by the volume of projects listed above, I consider Galaxy Glass and Stone a particularly valuable resource for The Metropolitan Museum of Art and as a contractor I will turn to when I must have the results of the highest quality.
Vice President for Construction
1000 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10028 0198
(212) 570 3938 | Fax (212) 570 3801
New Yorker Hotel
481 Eight Avenue
New York, NY 10001
Dear Mr. Csaki:
As you know we at the New Yorker Hotel recently commissioned your company to install our mezzanine glass rail. Now that the project is completed I would like to express my unrestricted endorsement for the capabilities of your fine organization.
Not only did you deliver a beautiful finished product but were focused, patient and consistently on time. As we went through the invariably frustrating process of designing, staying within our budget and getting it finished on schedule I can honestly say that you and your team exceeded all expectations.
One potential worry was the installation in an active hotel lobby where the concern of safety, comfort and convenience of our guests is paramount. Once again I have to say that Galaxy exceeded expectations. The installation was performed by an intelligent, well-led crew who got the job done practically without anyone even noticing that they were there. They same thing applies to the subcontractors you selected and who were managed by Galaxy.
I know that this endorsement may sound too enthusiastic and I’ll take that risk but in my opinion your company is a project manager’s dream come true. Not only did you make my job easy, even fun, but in the long run you also made me look good and that’s the part I really liked.
Planning and Design, P.C.
5 Union Square West
New York, NY 10003
Eugene Negrin, President
Rockwell Group would like to thank you for always delivering a beautiful and perfect product, which we believe, is one of the reasons why our projects always look so fabulous.
It is a pleasure to work with you and your professional, talented, and technically knowledgeable team, which always provides us with creative solutions for all our design requests. We know we can depend on your expertise to make our vision beautiful and feasible.
We very much appreciate your fast turn around time with fabricating samples and mockups for our very demanding clients. Without your wonderful products, we could not fully realize many of our “Rockwell” details in our spaces.
We look forward to years and years of collaboration on our exciting projects in the future.
Thanks again for your dedication, service, and high quality products.
Director of Interiors
The Grand Summit Hotel
570 Springfield Avenue
Summit, NJ 07901
We cannot stop getting compliments about the renovated men’s bathroom. Actually, the men have not had a chance to use it, since it has been temporarily made into the ladies’ bathroom while the ladies’ bathroom is being renovated.
Everyone has had nothing but praises to give and the part that you played was tremendous. The professionalism with which this project was undertaken serves as a model for future projects that need to be completed. It certainly is a reflection of the pride that you must take in doing your job and we are looking forward to seeing the finished product in the ladies’ bathroom.
Again, thank you for doing such a fabulous job!